Re: Macintosh OS 9.1 front end C interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From liam
Subject Re: Macintosh OS 9.1 front end C interface
Date
Re[2]: Macintosh OS 9.1 front end C interface  ("Eric W. Brown" <eric@saugus.net>)
List pgsql-interfaces
At 2:20 PM -0400 4/4/01, Tom Lane wrote:
>liam <allenwc@home.com> writes:
>>  Okay, I've done a bunch of munging and I've gotten libpq-fe.c to at
>>  least connect from Mac OS9.1 to the postgresql server.
>
>Cool.
>
>>  Anyone done this already so I can go back to sleep?
>
>Not that I know of.
>
>>  If not, what's my best approach?
>
>How extensive are the patches?  It's too late for 7.1 but we might be
>interested in adopting them for 7.2 ...

I haven't patched the entire front end, only the PQconnectdb function
works at the moment.

Most of the changes involve replacing the standard Unix headers with
their Mac counter parts. Some functions have to be written from
scratch or ported from Unix, like strdup for example.
The biggest source of pain is that Mac just doesn't have all the
libraries that Unix does. Sigh.

It is going to be a BIG job, which is why I was hoping someone else
had done it already.

Oh well, I guess I'll plod along. I'll build it as a CodeWarrior
project for Mac with a target of "library" if that's alright?

Any words of wisdom on best ways to do this?
--
Later . . . 'liam

allenwc@home.com
William C Allen, BLS, EET

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others"
At least I /have/ a purpose!